Warp Free flying surfaces
usually have thin wings, tails and control surfaces that can be warped during
the finishing process unless certain procedures are adhered to. Forced drying
during the cold weather season can exasperate the
A few simple
- Make fixtures to hold surfaces such that they can
be coated on both sides simultaneously.
- Apply glass cloth and resin to the 2nd side of the
surface as soon as first side is workable.
- Do not apply heat to one side and not the
- Apply 2nd coat of resin to both sides of glassed
- Allow to cure in a warm room verses using heat
Epoxy vs. Polyester
been our experience that epoxy finishing resins induce less stresses during
cure that do polyester resins.
The BVM F-86 manual describes the techniques that we use to finish
our wood covered surfaces.
All graphics and photos
Copyright 2010 BVM, Inc.
Use of graphics or photos without written permission from