The BVM Smooth Stop proportional brake valve
relies on 3 O-rings to seal and separate the air chambers for reliable
In-the-field use suggests that these very delicate items need to be
changed and lubricated about once per year. Climatic conditions may also affect
the change cycle.
- Remove the brass plunger.
- Pinch the O-ring(s) to force a portion of it out
of its groove.
- Use a wooden round toothpick to peel the O-ring(s)
- Apply BVM Super O-lube (part #5779) to the fresh O-ring(s) and
- Check the
instructions to know how
to properly install and operate the Smooth Stop.
- Always cycle the brake system before the first
flight of the day to be sure that the O-rings are sealing properly.
|Smooth Stop O-rings (6), Part #5743, $5.00
All graphics and photos
Copyright 2011 BVM, Inc.
Use of graphics or photos without written permission from